Merrillville Rotary Club Established February 20, 1944
What is now known as the Merrillville Rotary Club was chartered on February 20, 1944 as the Glen Park Rotary Club. Presiding over 19 Chapter members was J.B. Shaver founder of Shaver Motors. As many of its members moved south to Merrillville and surrounding communities, the name was changed to Glen Park - Merrillvile Rotary. The Club originally belonged to District 654 and as a number of clubs expanded, the need for additional districts resulted in adding "0" to all existing districts, making Merrillville Club a member of District 6540.
Merrillville Rotary Club has produced 3 District Governors:
John Laskosky 1959-1950
James Keough 1967 - 1968
Eugene Wilczynksi 1981-1982
We provide service to others, promote integrity, and advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through our fellowship of business, professional, and community leaders.